Board of Trustees
- Employment: Dean for Student Development, Division of Student Life, Baylor University
- Why I became a Trustee: I have always loved working with students as a faculty member, staff member, and volunteer. I hope to bring my experience and education to the board as we address important, and sometimes difficult issues. At the same time, I love being able to learn more about MCC and the wonderful things it brings to the community.
- How MCC benefits the community: Having served in higher education for over 38 years, I know how important the role of a community college is to its surrounding community. MCC has become the hub of educational access, career building, and pathways to bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. MCC offers the opportunity to learn about one’s self and others in this world through study abroad, special programs, academic courses, and much more. I am excited to be part of the change-makers in our community!
- What do you like best about being an MCC Trustee: I like being able to speak into discussions with the perspective of those who historically have not had a voice. I want to represent all my constituents and make sure that MCC continues to be the place for all those wishing to pursue higher education.
- Other affiliations: NASPA, Student Affairs Professionals in Higher Education; National Association of School Psychologists; Licensed Professional Counselors; Texas Association of Chicanos in Higher Education; Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities