The cooperation and involvement of everyone in campus safety is absolutely necessary. Individuals must assume responsibility for their personal belongings by taking simple, common-sense precautions.
Always follow these safety tips:
- Report suspicious activity, thefts, and any criminal activity immediately.
- At night, stay on sidewalks in lighted areas.
- Try to walk in pairs or groups.
- Always remove the keys, roll up the windows, and lock your car.
- Lock all valuables in the trunk of your car.
- Never leave packages, purses, or other belongings in open view inside your car.
- When inside any campus building, never leave purses unattended.
- Do not leave purses in desks or file cabinets unattended unless the desk or cabinet can be locked.