Benefits of the Program:
- Transferable honors courses designed to place HC Scholars in small classes with like-minded colleagues or designed for independent projects within a selected area of study.
- The “Circle of Scholars” program, which matches HC Scholars with faculty or administrative mentors who assist students in getting the most out of college.
- Scholarships that may cover tuition and fees up to a course load of 18 hours per long semester and book allowances to help defray material costs.
- Opportunities to present research or creative work at regional and national conferences.
- HC meeting room and social space in the Michaelis Academic Building with day and evening key card access.
- Social and cultural activities as well as opportunities for service and leadership.
- Honors transfer assistance for a seamless transition to further education.
- The Honors College is designed for students who have demonstrated exceptional academic performance. Ideal candidates have achieved a high grade-point average and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning, service and leadership. Admission is not based on financial need per se. Each applicant must submit an essay indicating reasons for applying and goals for the experience.
- The Honors College intends to accept a diverse group of talented, motivated and committed students from multiple majors and programs. Anyone who intends to enroll full time (12 hours or more per long semester) and who meets the application criteria may apply to the Honors College. Because the process is competitive and numbers are limited, meeting these criteria is not a guarantee of admission.
How to Apply
- Honors College application.
- High school students are encouraged to complete the Honors College application in early spring before they graduate. However, later applications will be considered. Please contact Dr. John Spano to inquire.
- Students who have been accepted to McLennan or are currently enrolled may apply using the Honors College application. For more information, please contact the McLennan Honors College director Dr. John Spano.
- The Honors College offers challenging courses, personalized advising, scholarships, and social and cultural activities.