International Transfer Students

How to Apply

International Transfer Students


Application deadline for students applying to transfer from another U.S. college or university:

Fall:  August 1st
Spring:  December 1st
Summer:  May 1st

  • College Transfer (attended any college in the past)

Request college transcripts through or contact your previous college's Records department or Registrar's office.

You may, also, have your transcript(s) delivered by mail or in-person to Highlander Central in the Enrollment Services Center.

Minimum scores on one of the following English language tests.  Scores valid for 2 years.

  • TOEFL iBt: 61
  • IELTS: 5.0
  • Duolingo: 95

You may be exempt from the English proficiency requirements if:

  • You graduated from a high school in the U.S.
  • You completed an Intensive English Language Program (IEP).
  • You passed English 1301 or its equivalent at an accredited institution of higher education located in the U.S.
  • You are from a country with English as an official language.
  • You are exempt from taking the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) assessment test based on your SAT or ACT scores. See the TSI exemptions list.
  • Your TSIA ELAR Scores place you in freshman-level academic coursework.

  • Financial Responsibility Form
  • Official Bank Statement

Copy of Biography Page

Copy of Biography Page

Submit copies of all previous I-20s

You can retrieve your current I-94 information here.

Transfer Clearance Form

Must be completed by both the applicant and the international advisor at your current institution.

Are you under the age of 22? If so, Texas law requires you to show proof of immunization against bacterial meningitis. Learn more, here.

Pay the $50 International Application fee at MCC Marketplace.

In order to determine your readiness for college-level courses, MCC will need your  Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA or TSIA2) scores or you may provide proof of exemption.

I need to take the TSIA: Register for the exam at MCC.

I've already taken the TSIA: Request digital delivery.

I'd like to find out if I'm exempted from taking the TSIA test: TSIA Exemptions

Do I need to meet with an advisor?

MCC requires our students to meet with their advisor each semester. Find out how here.

Important: Please be sure you have submitted all the documents above (transcript(s), test scores, and shot record)  before you meet with your advisor.

  1. Sign up for New Student Orientation (NSO)
  2. International Student Orientation: A link will be emailed to you once your I-20 is issued.

How do I pay?

Review the Payment Deadlines for each semester.

If you are paying your tuition with cash, check, or credit card, visit MCC's Business Office or visit the Business Office's webpage for more information.

How do I buy my textbooks?

Books may be purchased online or in-person at the McLennan Bookstore in the Michaelis Academic Center on campus. 

Your MCC student email address will be used for all MCC communications; so, it is very important that you know you have an MCC student email and that you read it and use it daily.

Learn more about your student email account. 

  • You may pick up your student ID at the Business Office in the Administration building on campus.
  • In order to receive your parking sticker, you will need to bring your car's license plate number to the Business Office in the Administration building on campus.

Log-in to WebAdvisor, click on the Student menu and find your schedule under Academic Profile.