Frequently Asked Questions

The University Center is a partnership between MCC and four-year institutions that agree to offer complete degree programs on the MCC campus. The four-year universities are responsible for their degrees and provide highly qualified professors.

Partnerships are currently established with Tarleton State University, Texas Tech University, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, and Midwestern State University.

Bachelor degrees are offered in several disciplines including:

  • Accounting
  • Agribusiness
  • Applied Leadership
  • Biology
  • Business
  • Child Development and Family Studies
  • Clinical Lab Science
  • Communication Studies
  • Computer Information Systems
  • Criminal Justice
  • Digital Media & Professional Communication
  • Education
  • General Studies
  • Health Care Management
  • Health Professions Technology
  • Human Resources
  • Human Sciences
  • Liberal Studies
  • Management
  • Manufacturing and Industry
  • Marketing
  • Nursing
  • Political Science
  • Psychology
  • Respiratory Care
  • Social Work
  • Sociology
  • University Studies
  • Veterinary Technology

Master degree options are available in:

  • Accounting
  • Business Administration
  • Criminal Justice
  • Clinical Mental Health Counseling
  • Curriculum and Instruction Education
  • Human Resource Management
  • Information Systems
  • Public Administration
  • Quality and Engineering Management
  • Social Work
  • Strategic Communication and Innovation

The University Center also offers a doctorate of education in educational leadership.

More than 1100 students are currently enrolled in University Center courses at the MCC campus.

The first step to earning a four-year degree is to complete the core curriculum and any subject-related major courses available at MCC. Once you have completed the core and most major courses (usually your third or fourth semester if you're a full-time student), apply to the partner school through which you want to complete your degree. If you already have a bachelor's degree, you can simply apply to the school with the degree you want to earn.

Yes! Academic advisors are critically important. Once you have selected a University Center degree program, you must work with the advisor assigned to that particular program. Your advisor can help lay out your degree path based on your individual academic background.

These terms are often confused. You must first apply to the partner college of your choice, and once you have met all application requirements, you are successfully "enrolled" in that school. Students enroll directly through the partner institute. Then you'll receive notification that you can "register," which involves choosing the classes you want to take.

Yes, if a student is core complete, the course work will be accepted as part of the degree plan. In some circumstances, the partner institute will accept only a certain number of hours prior to the transfer.

Class locations vary depending on the degree and size of classes. Most degrees offered at the University Center can be completed in Waco. Classes are taught either in a traditional classroom setting, online, or via a two-way interactive video classroom. Classes are taught at MCC and scheduled on afternoons, evenings and weekends. Most courses are offered in the evening and on Saturdays to cater to working adults, however day time classes are also being offered each semester.

You can search Class Schedules to find your instructors and locations.

Many courses for the degree programs offered through the University Center are offered online. In addition, several complete degrees are also offered online.

In most cases, the MCC Bookstore can provide the books necessary for courses offered on the MCC campus. Students taking courses taught online also have the option of ordering necessary books through the MCC Bookstore.

You'll pay only the school whose classes you are taking. And remember, financial aid is available to those who qualify.

No. However, you can receive financial aid from the partner college that covers the cost of classes at both institutions. However, that money does not automatically pay for your MCC classes.

You will need to make arrangements to pay out of pocket or set up a payment plan for MCC classes. Then you will be reimbursed for those expenses when you receive your financial aid refund from Tarleton or Texas Tech - which will be after the MCC payment deadline.

For more information about the consortium agreements

Copiers and printers at MCC will not accept cash. MCC has "Courtesy cards" that may be purchased for $1.00 in the Learning Technology Center to be used for this purpose. You may add money to the card, and then use the card to make copies in any of the MCC copy machines or library computer printers. Funds placed on the card may also be spent in the MCC bookstore, MCC cafe, and many of the vending machines on campus.

If you would like to obtain an official college ID from MCC, you may contact the MAC Card office, located on the 1st floor of the Administration building. ID cards from Tarleton and Texas Tech may be obtained through the University Center offices, located in the MAC building. In addition, ID cards from other University Center partners may be obtained from visiting those campuses.

When you complete your degree, you will receive a diploma from the sponsoring partner institute. Graduations for each of the partner institutions take place at the home institution.

Courses are offered in a predictable sequence, so you can plan to earn a bachelor's degree within a set number of semesters. You will know exactly when you'll be graduating with your new degree. University Center students earn degrees in two to five years, depending on the program.

Please refer to our contact Us (mclennan.edu).