Frequently Asked Questions

In order to register for classes at MCC, a student must first complete the admissions process. After you meet with an advisor, then you will be eligible to register via WebAdvisor.

Once you have completed the admissions process and have met with your advisor, you can register via WebAdvisor. WebAdvisor is available for registration on computers in the Enrollment Services Center (Highlander Central) and in the lobby of the Student Services Center (Advising & Career Services). You may also register from your home computer by accessing the MCC Web site at and selecting the WebAdvisor link. However, you must meet with an advisor before you are eligible to register for classes each semester. 

Please review the WebAdvisor instructions and guidelines.

Once you have completed registration, you may print your schedule from WebAdvisor. WebAdvisor is available for registration on computers in the Enrollment Services Center (Highlander Central) and in the lobby of the Student Services Center (Advising & Career Services). You may also print your schedule from off-campus by accessing WebAdvisor at

You must make sure that you have paid for your classes by the payment deadline for the semester in which you are planning to enroll. Registration is NOT complete until you have paid for your classes. Students may pay through WebAdvisor, mail, or in-person at the Business Office on campus. See the campus map here.

If payment is not received by the payment deadline, your registration will be canceled. If you still plan to attend, you will have to re-register for classes that are still available. Your original classes are not saved or reserved for you, so please ensure you don't lose any classes by paying on time.

Yes. MCC offers a payment plan that requires students to pay 50 percent of their tuition and fees by the stated deadline, and then pay out the balance in two installments. Students must sign a contract and pay a non-refundable $25 processing fee. Please go to WebAdvisor to find out more information about payment plans or see MCC's instructions on using WebAdvisor for the Financial Information page. Also, remember that the payment plan must be set up before the first day of the semester.

If you enrolled at MCC as a first-time freshman in fall 2007 or later, you are restricted by Section 51.907 of the Texas Education Code, which states that MCC or any other Texas public institution of higher education may not permit you to drop more than six courses during your undergraduate career. All courses dropped after the census date of the semester are included in the six-course limit unless (1) you withdraw from all courses or (2) the drop is an approved drop exemption. More info on dropping or withdrawal from classes at MCC.

If you're affected by this law and plan to attend another institution of higher education, you should become familiar with that institution's policies on dropping courses, too.

Yes. Since MCC is an accredited institution, the college courses you take here are transferable to other colleges and universities. Our advisors in Advising & Career Services can help you with transferring courses to specific schools. Also, check out this Transfer & Articulation Information.

Fill out the " Request More Information" form to receive more about our programs, degree offerings, and student life. You may also pick up more information at Highlander Central located in the Enrollment Services Center ( see map). Highlander Central is your one-stop for all questions about MCC. 

(254) 299-8622 - 

You may browse WebAdvisor to view the upcoming class schedule; however, students must see an advisor first before registering each semester. There are several different formats and scheduling options to fit students' busy life.

The Summer & Fall schedule is available each year at the beginning of April, and the Spring schedule is available each year at the beginning of November. You can get specific dates for registration here.

You may browse a Web version of the catalog online here.

You may pick up a parking decal and your Highlander Student ID Card in the Business Office located in the Administration Building on campus. ( See map.

Once you receive your first card, you will use it for your entire MCC career. Each time you register, your card will automatically be activated. If you lose your decal or ID, there is a replacement fee of $5 for the decal and $10 for the card. Replacement fees may be charged to your grant or scholarship account as long as money is still available.

McLennan Community College delivers your refund and provides you with your official School ID card with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. If funds are available on your Highlander Student ID card, you may use it to purchase items in the McLennan Bookstore, the Highlander and Tartan cafes, or any card-equipped soda and snack machine. For more information, visit this link:

A friendly Recruiter or Student Ambassador will be happy to walk you through our beautiful campus and answer any questions you may have. Schedule your tour online or call (254) 299-8622. 

Students seeking a Level - 1 certificate are not required to take the TSI Test. In some cases, a few certificate programs do require testing. Please check with the appropriate advisor in that area to verify.

Yes. MCC's Financial Aid Office will assist students with information about the types of financial aid available and how to apply for financial assistance. Visit the Financial Aid Office webpage for more information.

Through gracious gifts from our many friends, the MCC Foundation is able to award around 400 scholarships each year. Visit the MCC Foundation for more information about scholarships.

You should apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (F.A.F.S.A.) form. The deadlines for completing financial aid application in order to ensure that funds will be available for registration are as follows:

Fall semester - July 1

Spring semester - November 1

Summer session - April 1 (limited aid is available for summer terms)

Applications received after these dates will be considered on a funds available basis. However, funding from financial aid may not be available at registration for students who apply after the deadline, so students must be prepared to pay their tuition and fees when they register. Check with the Office of Financial Aid for more information.

To be considered for financial aid, the Financial Aid office must have a correct Student Aid Report with all required documentation by the student's last date of enrollment. Check with the Office of Financial Aid for more information.

The school code for MCC is 003590.

Check with the Office of Financial Aid for more information.

The Highlander Café is located in the Learning Technology Center (LTC) and is open

Spring & Fall Hours:
Monday - Thursday 7:15 a.m. - 7:00 pm.

Friday 7:15 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.

Summer Hours:
Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.

If you have any further questions you may call the Highlander Café at (254) 299-8421.

The Tartan Cafe is located near the Conference Center in the Community Services Center and is open

Spring & Fall Hours:
Monday - Thursday 7:45 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

Friday 7:45 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.

Summer Hours:
Monday - Friday 7:45 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.

Yes. MCC must have official transcript(s) from ALL colleges that you have attended in the past. However, if you are a current college student attending another institution, you may submit an unofficial (student) copy of your transcript in order to register early, and then provide MCC with the official transcript once that semester has been completed.

MCC does not have campus housing. For the most part, MCC is a commuter school, and all of our students live in either nearby apartments or houses. 

If you still have unanswered questions, please contact our office at the address below.

McLennan Community College
Office of Student Admissions
1400 College Drive
Waco, TX 76708